We All Win With Lynn
A Letter From Lynn
Hi, my name is Lynn Stoner and I am the Mayor of the City of Plantation. You may have noticed some upgrades to our city’s parks, fire stations and public works facilities. We were able to do exciting things under my administration over the last four years – without raising taxes – and we need to continue working together to keep Plantation modern, vibrant and competitive.
My family moved to Plantation in 1970 (when the Westfield Broward Mall was still a cow pasture) and I attended Plantation High School. My son and one of my daughters are homeowners in Plantation and my granddaughter attends Broward College, so I share your concerns about the direction that our city will take for the future generations.
Whether it’s traffic and redevelopment planning, housing affordability and the cost of living, or safe neighborhoods and better parks, I am working hard every day to ensure that Plantation remains one of South Florida’s most desirable cities.
Better Traffic & Redevelopment Planning
- Multimodal Transportation Master Plan
- Stormwater Master Plan
- Midtown Bridge plan, design & execution.
- Preparation of a new traffic calming policy.
- Zoning and code upgrades to ensure that we are properly managing growth and redevelopment.
Housing Affordability & the Cost of Living
- Kept Millage at 5.8 last four years
- $1.4 Million in Utility Billing Assistance
- $800K appropriation for Breezeswept Neighborhood Upgrades
- $655,290.80 in Residential Assistance
- $723,761.13 in Small Biz Assistance.
- Increased funding for SHIP/CDBG first time buyer & Housing Rehab Program
Safe Neighborhoods & Better Parks
- Pop Travers Park Renovations.
- Renovation of Pine Island Park.
- Pine Island Playground Grant.
- Renovation of Fire Station 1
- A New Police Gun Range an Training Station
- New Hybrid Police Interceptors.
- Fair contracts for our first responders.
Paid by non-partisan Lynn Stoner Campaign for Plantation Mayor